Lexington KY - Homes With Basements - Pros & Cons
In the year 2011, we really have had some extreme weather in Lexington KY along with the surrounding states and many new home buyers are considering homes with basements.
Sure, bad weather can happen most anywhere except Arizona. Do they get any natural disasters? I don't think so.
So if you are thinking of a new home and want to tour suitable houses, you need to know what exactly goes on in a basement of a house. Not all basements are good ones and neither are all crawlspaces created equal. Let's start with why homes with basements are good:
- They make terrific man caves.
- It's a good place to put all your extra stuff.
- They make nice cool bedrooms.
- In times of bad weather they will keep your family safe.
- Good place to put a home theater or rec room.
- Kids can keep all their toys there in as huge playroom.
- Sometimes they leak plus attract mold or mildew and will not pass an inspection. FHA & VA loans may not close because of current problems.
- Basements without walkout doors or windows seem like a dungeon.
- Previous owner may have finished it poorly without permits and needs to be re-built.
- You can't afford the extra cost of buying a house w/basement. In new construction homes it might be $30,000 extra.
- Ghosts (just kidding!)
Maybe it's time to put your want list together for your new home. After touring a few Lexington KY homes with basements see if it fits your needs. Also, does it fit in the budget after getting pre-approval for your loan. To get started on your search click below. We are happy to assist you.
Lizette Fitzpatrick- Principal Broker at Lizette Realty.
For more information on Kentucky Horse Farms and Lexington KY real estate
click on Lizette.us.
Copyright 2011 - Lexington KY - Homes With Basements - Pros & Cons