Bad Contractors - A Home Repair Horror Story That Could Happen To You!
A few days ago our weekly newsletter was published. One of the articles was by Mike Holmes on how to pick a good contractor.
It was very interesting on how contractors work.
After my clients received their "I Love Kentucky News!", an email came in to my inbox.
It was from a dear friend. She had read the story and wanted to share her experience with hiring a contractor.
I was shocked by her story and felt sad that he had ripped her off.
How can people sleep after doing evil things?? Here is her story...
Your newsletter concerning hiring a contractor is so important for people to read.
I recently had a fire in my home and hired a contractor, (friend of a friend type thing) and after less than 9 days on the job I had to fire him.
WELL!!! guess what? I made a knucklehead mistake and had already given him $57,000 of the insurance money to get started.
When I tried to get my money back he told me he had no money left and that he had used the money on other projects.
Now, I am in the middle of a law suit, which is costing me several thousand dollars, still out of my home, the insurance will only pay for about 6 more weeks of my family living in an apartment and the mess just keeps going on and on. It is almost as though the contractor is bulletproof.
So please, please, please tell everyone out there to be so very careful who you deal with. I never though it would happen to me.
(Name withheld to protect the innocent victim)
I can't imagine the heartache she feels about this. If you need to hire a contractor, stay on guard and ask for references at least. See current work they have done. Cheap and fast is not always a good combination either.
Finding a new Kentucky home has never been so easy!
Just click on the link below.
Lizette Fitzpatrick- Principal Broker at Lizette Realty.
For more information on Kentucky Horse Farms and Lexington KY real estate
click on Lizette.us.
Copyright © 2010 By Lizette Fitzpatrick, All Rights Reserved
*Bad Contractors - A Home Repair Horror Story That Could Happen To You!*