Buyers, Open Houses, Plain Talk and Good Manners 101
As you get out to start looking at homes, please let open house Realtors® know you are working with someone...if you have a Realtor®
Some things buyers may not be aware of:
- The open house Realtors® are there to find new clients and would like to consider you as THEIR new client. It creates a problem if you are working with a Realtor® and the Open House Realtor® shows a house to you that you want to put an offer on.
- Instead of calling a listing agent or a For Sale By Owner from a sign in the yard... call your own Realtor®. They represent you...not the seller. Let them do your research and negotiating.
- It costs you nothing to be represented by your own Realtor® when you are out touring, putting an offer on a home and working to a successful closing. A good agent will make it look easy, but there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work to be done.
- Commission is paid to a Realtor® at closing by the sellers, not the buyers. The rate was determined long before you looked at the house by the seller and his listing agent.
- Realtors® pay for their own gas, wear and tear on their car, Internet, MLS board fees, advertising and are NOT paid by brokerages by the hour.
- Pick a good Realtor® and stick with them. Be loyal to them and they will be loyal to you. Do you like to date someone that is constantly looking over your shoulder? I thought not...you know it's not nice to cheat.
- Don't write an offer with another agent while you are working with your present one. Do you think we don't have feelings??
- Trust your Realtor® to do their best for you. It's a tough world out there on your own to buy a home. Your professional agent has all the correct documents that will be needed for your offer, contract and inspections.
- Realtors® know the best people to get your loan, home inspections, attorneys, etc. Trust their experience with other professionals that know how to get to a successful closing. Ask who they know that is good. Don't put your blind faith in some Internet website that doesn't have local people you know. It's a good way to never see a closing on a home you have your heart set on.
Bottom line is have some faith in your Realtor®. They work hard for your loyalty and trust.
Finding a new Kentucky home has never been so easy!
Just click on the link below.
Lizette Fitzpatrick - Principal Broker at Lizette Realty.
For more information on Lexington KY homes for sale. click on Lizette.us.
Copyright © 2010 By Lizette Fitzpatrick, All Rights Reserved
*Buyers, Open Houses, Plain Talk and Good Manners 101*