How can you get to a successful closing on a new home?
It's simple...Choose a local lender.
Ask your Realtor/Broker to recommend someone that has a good track record of getting to a successful closing.
We know who is good and who is not.
Over the years, I have seen many deals that never make it to the closing table.
There are a number of issues that come up and I am always amazed that these happen in the eleventh hour.
It almost never fails that the problem is compounded because the lender is not local.
My red flags might be:
1. They never answer their phone or call you back in a timely fashion.
2. There are too many people that you have to talk to about your loan.
3. Strange requests of paperwork or documents.
4. They have no local closing attorneys to do title searches.
5. They can't interpret local appraisals because the state is foreign to them.
6. Since they aren't a local office, they don't care if the buyer, seller, agents and attorney is inconvenienced by unreasonable delays.
7. They don't take a personal interest in a client they will never meet.
I could probably list a lot more, but I hope you ask your Realtor who might be good to use. We aren't paid a referral fee by lenders to do this. We only hope you get to a successful closing. Realtors get paid at closing by the seller.
Why wouldn't we want you to pick someone that is the best? Just ask...
Finding a new Kentucky home has never been so easy!
Just click on the links below.
Lizette Fitzpatrick- Principal Broker at Lizette Realty.
For more information on Kentucky Horse Farms and Lexington KY real estate
click on Lizette.us.
Copyright © 2011 By Lizette Fitzpatrick, All Rights Reserved